• By:dev_admin

If you are involved in an auto accident, you undoubtedly will have a lot of questions about your insurance coverage.  If you have comprehensive or collision coverage, that should take care of the repairs or damage to your vehicle.  If someone else was responsible for causing the accident, that driver’s insurance should cover the damage to your car.

But what if you were injured in the car accident?  You should be sure to seek medical treatment.  Every auto insurance policy in Minnesota is required to have No-Fault Insurance.  This is sometimes also called basic economic loss benefits, or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.  These benefits are designed to cover medical, wage loss, and replacement services costs after an accident.  Minnesota law requires a minimum of $20,000 in medical expenses benefits and $20,000 for wage loss/replacement services benefits.  Some insurance policies may have more coverage with what is called “stacking.”

Generally the No-Fault Insurance that covers you for a claim is the insurance under which you are a named insured or resident relative.  But there can be some complexity to determining which insurance policy applies to a claim, so be sure to contact an experienced auto accident attorney early in the process to assist you.

In addition to a claim for benefits under your No-Fault Insurance, you may also have a claim against the person responsible for causing the accident for medical expenses and general damages not covered by your own No-Fault Insurance.  Contact us for a free evaluation of whether you have a case.

Posted in: Auto Accidents, Catastrophic Injuries, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death